Monday, November 1, 2010

Thinking of You

    
After hearing about the Play Date Cafe on Keva's blog, I finally decided to check it out and play along.  This week's challenge was to create a card that was black and white with a splash of burgandy.  This card is actually doing double challenge duty this week.  Over at CASE Study, their card challenge for the week was to use these cards as the inspiration for a creation of your own.    I used lots of Papertrey goodies to create a card to send to my BFF to let her and her hubby know that they are in my thoughts and prayers.  So, here's my creation.


I started with a True Black card base and used a linen textured damask print from Recollections.  To balance out the busy background, I decided to shoot for a simple, classic, and elegant look.  I die cut the mat using the Mat Stack #1 and inked up just the dotted frame from TT: Christmas in Rhubarb Stalk (Memento).  The sentiment was taken from Mailbox Greetings and heat embossed in black.  To add the splash of burgandy, I used grosgrain ribbon under the tag and stuck on a fluffy organza double bow.  A half-back pearl was the finishing touch.

Can't wait to see what challenges the talented ladies over at the Play Date Cafe and CASE Study have in store for next week.  Thanks for sharing part of your day with me.

9 comments:

Monica K. said...

Beautiful card, Suzanne! Very elegant!

Unknown said...

Such an elegant card!! love the paper, the die cut, the ribbon, so perfect!

BethieJ said...

Suzanne this is STUNNING!! Love your take on the challenge!
Have a GREAT day!

Stephanie said...

Very beautiful!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love it! Gorgeously elegant and wonderful splash of burgundy! I'm sure your friend will adore this card as it is stunning! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study challenges!
And also glad that you've joined us at the Play Date Cafe as well!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, wonderful damask background, pretty bow and embellishment, I'm sure your friends will appreciate your card. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Kristii said...

So very pretty and elegant!! I love the colors and the damask background!!!!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Very beautiful, Suzanne :) Thank you for playing! xxx

Julie Ranae said...

Beautiful work and SO glad you found us at The Play Date Cafe....I am happy to be your #8 follower and I would love to have you come follow me at Julie's Open Window....lots of fun!