Monday, November 15, 2010

fall farewell

Even though the season won't officially end for a few more weeks, it seems like fall is over.  I really fell in love with SU's Fall Foliage set and am sorry that I didn't put it to more use this year.  This card started out a few weeks ago when I created the collage print.  Problem was, I got some smudges on the bottom when I was embossing the original sentiment.  Not wanting to waste anything in my craft room, I put it aside with the intention of "fixing it up" later.  Well, it's finally later. 

I cut the original print and put an avocado strip at the bottom.  I wrapped it with grosgrain ribbon and accented it with a button bow.  The "thank you" sentiment is from Technique Tuesday's Loving Words set from Ali Edwards.  I {heart} this set.  The font and words are perfect.  The white embossing is a nice contrast to the dark chocolate base.

Hope you make some time today to get inky!  Thanks for visiting.

6 comments:

Cammie said...

Love the collage effect! Who would know this great design was a remedy for a little accident?

Elizabeth S. said...

I love this! Isn't great how you can take a simple mistake and turn it into something beautiful!
Thank you for playing along with the Papertrey Posse challenge!

Monica K. said...

Suzanne, this is beautiful! Love the collage look. Great card!

Kim O'Connell said...

Stunning! The ribbon, button, and twine are perfection!

Teresa said...

Beautiful!I love the collage look and the color combo.

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!! I love the distressed look and the collage style!!! Soo pretty!!!