Friday, November 5, 2010

a non-traditional Christmas

Sometimes it's nice to get away from the traditional reds and greens for the holidays and really shake it up. The card base is a turquoise from SU that perfectly matched the lime & teal print I found at my LSS. The Pure Poppy oval was die cut and embossed using one of the newest Nestabilities, Lacey Ovals.  This is another card I made for a fundraiser sale at my sister's office to benefit the United Way.



The two stamps were cheapie bin finds at Michael's. And the sentiment is going in the trash pretty soon. That baby's got a mind of it's own. And it does not like to stay put on a block. Not to mention, it does NOT stamp evenly.  I had to touch up the "y" in happy with a gel pen (bless you signo). 

Thankfully, my PTI Christmas order showed up so I have plenty of holiday sentiments to choose from that stamp like a dream.

Not much else to say so ... see ya later!!

2 comments:

Ted said...

Love the non-traditional colors and that holly is quite prominent! :)

Keva said...

Ooh..love that patterned paper and you're right..it totally matches the cardstock. I like the non traditional colors and think that it makes the card stand out.