Tuesday, November 9, 2010

happy birthday

Okay, it's late. I'm tired. And I can't think of a creative title for this post. So, happy birthday it is. Work is gonna get crazy in the next few weeks, so I'm trying to get organized now and schedule some posts so the old blog isn't sorely neglected while work takes over my life.



Do you ever buy a pack of patterned paper because you absolutely love a few of the prints? Then, do you feel obligated to use the prints you don't like? Well, I do. Problem is ... I'm trying to talk myself into liking this print. But it ain't working. I do like how the ruffled twill toned it down a bit.

I realized at the last minute that I really, REALLY should have cracked open my new pack of vintage cream instead of using the glaringly bright SS white. But, I was too lazy to get up and start over. Hence the light blue flourishes in the background. Next time I will either stick to the "less is more" principle. Or try to be less lazy. Or just throw the whole card out with a clear conscious.  LOL

Details
Paper: SS white (PTI), Just Chillin' (Making Memories)
Stamps: All Booked Up, Enjoy the Ride, Embellishments (PTI), gift (Recollections)
Inks: rich cocoa, tangelo, summer sky, denim blue (all Memento)
Other: twill tape, Mat Stack 3 (PTI)

2 comments:

BethieJ said...

Suzanne I LOVE that background.. what a fun idea to use you PP that way..!! I too am GUILTY of buying a pack of paper for just a few!! :)
have a GREAT day!

Productive Porcupine said...

If you need any help getting organized, just let me know. It's not always easy to do alone if you're overloaded and tired.