Thursday, June 24, 2010

You've Got Mail

Whew, what a crazy, crazy week. I'm starting to remember why I was afraid to start a blog. Sometimes you've got time to either (A) make a card or (B) post a card. Well, the past few days I've been able to make, but no time to photograph or post. But, I'm learning. I just scheduled my post for the PTI Blog Hop so that's one less thing to worry about tomorrow evening.

Earlier this week I got two new-to-me PTI stamp sets in the mail, Honey Bees and Mailbox Greetings. (Thanks Katie!!) I just love the row of mailboxes and all the wonderful little additions to customize this set. It is so versatile for any season. I stamped the image in Black Staz-On ink and coloured it in using PrismaColor Pencils and Gamsol. The grass was stamped three times using different shades of green to quickly and easily create depth. My favorite feature is the little yellow envelope sticking out of the mailbox. I used my craft knife to cut a slit along the edge of the mailbox so that the envelope would stick up a bit without an unsightly foam dimensional.


Lately, I've been using more generic sentiments and trying to finish the inside of my cards. To dress up the inside, I stamped a row of grass along the bottom edge. The "You make my world a better place" could be easily used as a thank you card for a simple note to someone to let them know just how much they mean to you.

Thanks for coming by today!! Bee sure to stop by again. I've got a few sweet surprises in store using Honey Bees that have been buzzing around in my head.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Mailbox Greetings (PTI)
Ink: Black (Staz-On), Dandelion, Bahama Bay, Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart, & New Sprout (Memento)
Paper: barely banana CS and printed paper (both SU)
Ribbon: Offray
Other: red & brown markers (ZIG), antique brads (MM)

7 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Great card! I love the grass at the bottom of the mailboxes!

Sue Ann said...

Great card ...... I love those mailboxes and the color combo is great!!

Cathy Weber said...

I love how you colored the mailboxes. Good idea with the slit to pop up the letter. It is always fun to use a new stamp set.

Keva said...

I love it. It looks so fresh and clean. Great coloring, too!

Unknown said...

totally fabulous! I think I need that set!

Jen Carter said...

That is so cute! Great job!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Oh my, this is soooooo sweet and cute! Wonderful job! I love the technique on the grass.