Thursday, June 10, 2010

Welcome, Baby


This card idea is completely CASE'd from Heather Summers, a wildly talented SU demo. In one of her Simply Stamping online classes, she demonstrated how to make manly gift card holders. Clearly, this is not a manly gift card holder.

A dear friend of mine and his wife recently welcomed a sweet baby boy to their family. The truth is, I am not a fan of shopping. SO, family & friends get a lot of gift cards from me. To make the gift more of a gift, I made this sweet mini card holder. When you open the card, there are a few surfaces to decorate or use for your message.

I absolutely love this idea and the possibilities are endless. I love it so much that I made a few nekkid holders to keep on hand. I often need a quick hostess or thank you gift so did up a stash in the basics. Just a quick head's up, you need 12" cardstock for the base. I tried (believe me I tried) using 8.5 x 11 since that is all that PTI carries, but it simply does not work.

Thanks for stopping by and may your day be filled with happy surprises!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: from my stash
Stamps: Baby Boy (Recollections)
Other: Word Window & Scallop Circle punches (SU), Watercolour pencils (Staedtler),white gel pen

5 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

Awww, that is SO CUTE!! I adore that little birdie in the nest, how adorable is he??

Kara said...

cool design!
Kara

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so adorable!!

Keva said...

Awww..this is adorable! I love the little bird. Cute cute cute! And I am totally with you on the gift card thing! I'll buy myself a gift card if it comes down to it and shop online..lol

Becky Carafa said...

This is sooo cute!