Monday, June 14, 2010

June Sketch Challenge

Welcome to my stop in the Papertrey Posse's inaugural Parade of Blogs. This month's hostess gave us all a sketch that we were to use to create something fab using Papertrey Ink products.



I started with the fabulous Beautiful Blooms paper from PTI. I fell in love with the Pure Poppy dots on sight and just had to use it. Sparingly, of course. I wanted the paper to be front and centre, so I chose light grey and basic black cardstocks (both SU) for the base and accents.

My Making Memories SLICE zipped out the two circles needed for the focal image. I then stamped the wooden floor from Chair-ished onto the solar white (Neenah) circle using London Fog dye ink by Memento. The chairs were done in Tuxedo Black. The mod-ish chair in the middle was heat embossed on another pattern in the Beautiful Blooms paper pack and cut out.



The sentiment, also from Chair-ished, was stamped in Fresh Snow ink from PTI. Can I tell you I am in LOVE with this ink. It truly provides the amazing coverage on dark cardstock that it claims to provide. To finish prepping the pieces, I dragged the black mat through the white ink to make it pop. Throw a few foam dimensionals under the printed chair, sentiment strip, and the main image, and a snap of my trusty corner rounder and the card was complete.

Thanks for all great challenges this month Jessica.

And thanks everyone for taking the time to look. Blessings!

15 comments:

Mariana said...

What a vibrant and gorgeous card, love it!!

Jackie Pedro said...

How ADORABLE! LOVE the floral chair!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is really cute! I love the flower paper on your chair!!

Jen Carter said...

So cute!! I really like your 3/4(ish) circle!! Very cute!!

Becky Carafa said...

So cute, love the flowered chair!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Loooove it!! The chair on the patterned paper is so pretty, I never think to stamp on pp but I love the effect. And I thought I'd died and gone to ink heaven when I discovered Fresh Snow too! ♥

Maggie said...

That floral chair is so great...pops out from the page!

Kara said...

cute! love this!
Kara

Vannessa said...

This is so cute!

Keva said...

I absolutely love the chair in the middle. The paper looks great and just pops off the card!

Unknown said...

I love the chair on the BB paper - I would absolutely buy a chair in that print!

Anonymous said...

Great card! I really like how the circles are cropped on the bottom.

Elizabeth S. said...

Beautiful card!! Love the patterned chair in the middle!

Laurie said...

Adorable card! I love the patterned paper chair! And the colors are so fun!

Kristie W. said...

This is adorable!! I love the 3/4 circle and the paper pieced chair, so fun!