Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wanna Get Digital?

The truth is, the mojo just ain't flowing today. I sat down. Pulled out my stamp babies. Grabbed my PTI cardstock and ... nothing. Zip. Nada. So, I went to "the stash." Let's admit it. We all have one for the days we want (or need) to blog, and the creative juices just aren't flowing. Thankfully, I do make cards for specific people in advance.

My littlest nephew is turning 11 in a few weeks and I was inspired to do a couple of kids cards. For his card, I used a digital stamp by Dustin Pike for the focal image. I absolutely love this little dinosaur. I printed him out on a laser printer on to Neenah Solar White cardstock. I'm not a Copic chick (I rather spend the cash on stamps and patterned paper). But, I will splurge for some Prismas. Their colours are so vivid and they are a dream to colour with. After a quick intro to Gamsol, my prehistoric friend was ready to be cut out.



I stamped and embossed the balloon instead of using a traditional sentiment. The clouds were handdrawn, trimmed, and glued onto textured cardstock. I just love how the subtle texture and faux stitching gives the card a little more oomph. Before putting it all together, I punched a border out of a rich yellow textured cardstock that has an amazing sheen to it in real life.

This really was a labour intensive card. But, it was a labour of love. My nephew is the sweetest boy and always appreciates any little thing I do for him. The fact that I will be rewarded with a big smile and an even bigger hug makes the effort worthwhile. Aren't kids great?

Thanks for spending some time with me today. And try to stop by tomorrow to see the other card I created for my nephew. I'll need your help deciding which one to use. Cheers!

Supplies:
Cardstock: all Bazzill
Ink: Tangelo (Memento), Cloud White (VersaMagic)
Stamps: Wonderful Birthday (Hero Arts)
Punch: Threading Waters (Fiskars)
Other: DMC Floss, Embossing Powder (Stampendous), white Gelly Roll (Sakura)

4 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO CUTE!!! GREAT card!

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is SO cute Suzanne!! I just had to take a peek at that digi site... some very cute images!

Keva said...

Oh, this is so darling! I love the little dinosaur.

Gayatri said...

Loove the dinosaur and very cute card.