Thursday, July 15, 2010

July Parade of Blogs

This month, we were challenged by our hostess with the mostess, Amy, to use Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Melon Berry, and Dark Chocolate to create something fabulous with our Papertrey goodies.


Some of these colours were not my friend (yeah, I mean you Ocean Tides) and forced me to go WAAAY outside my comfort zone by using so much colour. Since I was trying something new, I decided to really shake things up and go big, and go square. I also decided to let the patterned paper be the star of the show. When it uses all four colours, it deserves to take centre stage.



Now, excuse me while I blog-hop. I can't wait to see what the other ladies have created. If you'd like to join me, the hop starts here. Thanks for swinging by!

The Details ...
Stamps - Enjoy the Ride (PTI)
Paper - ocean tides (PTI), cameo coral (SU), October Afternoon dp
Embellies - ribbon (Michael's)
Tools - Corner Chomper

16 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

LOL at your "smack talk" at Ocean Tides! ;) You did a fabulous job with this, and I love that you found pp that fit the color scheme! PERFECT!

Ted said...

Hey! Back off of Ocean Tides... I love that color! ;) Suzanne, you did a beautiful job. That patterned paper was MADE for this card...and loving the huge bow! :)

Keva said...

Oh, this card makes me SO happy. I love the paper and the edges being rounded...so cute! Great card, Suzanne...

IamDerby said...

Great card! perfect balance.

Rhonda said...

So glad you found paper to help w/ the Ocean Tide issue!! :) Great card.

Anonymous said...

Ocean Tides was good to you! Great card and I agree with Ted, love the bow!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is lovely, Suzanne! I'm a HUGE fan of square cards!!

Becky Carafa said...

This is so lovely! You totally OWNED ocean tides here, lol!

Angy said...

Wow! You rocked it ~ so beautiful yet simple.

Jen Carter said...

That is so pretty! Great job!

Lindsay said...

Really like this!

Erica said...

I love this card. The patterned paper is perfect. I was unsure of these colors together at first, too!

Unknown said...

Ocean tides intimidates me too!! I havent made a single card using it..but your card is so beautiful, its balanced, and the pattern paper is so prefect!

Danisha said...

Love your card!!! I think you did a great job with all the colors!

Laurie said...

SOO pretty! I love your bow! What a great job with the color combo!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is FABULOUS Suzanne, very striking card!!