Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Blast from the Past

Just a quick post of some older cards that never got their 15 minutes of fame. An old friend from camp is visiting which means, my guest bedroom has to be used as a guest bedroom. My poor little stamps are all tucked away in their little homes in the closet for the next few days. I know. I weep for them too.

The first started out as a Father's Day card. However, my dad doesn't fish & hates boats, hence the Happy Birthday sentiment. In all honesty, I bought the stamp for me, not my dad. I love lighthouses, boats, & the ocean because it reminds me of being a kid, family vacations, and summers at camp.


Paper: Kraft (SU), Plaid (K&Co - retired), watercolour paper
Stamp: Rowboat (Artistic Impressions), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU)
Colouring Mediums: Black (StazOn), watercolour pencils (Staedtler)
Other: Modern Label punch (SU), DMC floss, eyelet & Crop-a-Dile, Corner Chomper



The second card is an attempt at the shabby chic-ish vintage style that's all the rage. I'm not big on vintage and don't do them well, but I know you are all a very forgiving audience. The patterned paper is from the same Sea Glass collection by K&Co. as the plaid in the card above. I sanded, distressed, and inked up the edges. In hindsight, I now realize the true importance of using fine grade sandpaper in the absence of a real sanding block (and the reason we shouldn't whatever grade sp is in the basement).

Paper: yellow (Bazzill), K&Co. Sea Glass dp, Kraft/Crumb Cake (SU)
Tools: Slice & design card (MM), paper piercer & template
Embellishments: Flowers (Petaloo), rhinestone

I pray that you'll make the most of today. And if possible, take some time to do something you love with the people who mean the most to you. The memories we make today do last a lifetime.

Thanks for coming by and I'll see you soon!

2 comments:

IamDerby said...

Two great cards, I especially like the flower one.

Keva said...

I love them both. Very nice colors and layouts.