Tuesday, August 23, 2011

with sympathy x 2

Do you ever look at a finished card and think, "I like it, but it just needs something" in order to be perfectly complete.  Well, that's how I felt about this first card:


Love the vases, but the white space in the middle of the card was bugging me.  On my second attempt, I used the little filler bouquet of flowers to help balance out the swirly sentiment.


 All Supplies PTI unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah), Oxford Collection (BasicGrey)
Stamps:  Gracious Vases, Think Big Favorites #3
Ink:  Fountain Pen (Jenni Bowlin), Cranberry (ColorBox), Vintage Touch Duo
Other:  Copic markers, glitter

Now this is a card that makes me happy.  Is that wrong considering it's a sympathy card?  I hope not.  Thanks for stopping by today.  And, please leave a link to your blog in your comment.  I'd love to check out your work. 

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely!

carol (krillsister) said...

Both cards are nice. I think we are our own worst critics when it comes to making cards.

Eva said...

I love the patterned paper with your vases...so warm and inviting!

Dana said...

WOW! I LOVE the first card! (I'm a white space lover though) The little filler bouquet is sweet and definitely adds interest, but the overall design of this card is so perfect!