Tuesday, April 5, 2011

MIM #9 - Heat Embossing

Oh, my.  How time flies.  I had every intention of scheduling posts for this week and totally forgot.  Today's post is a quick update using lots of PTI goodness.  I made this card on Friday during a rare "ignore the family and stamp"-a-thon where I got 5, yes FIVE, cards done that are actually blog-worthy.  Colour me shocked.  This first one is not my favorite, but it is perfect for this week's MIM challenge of using heat embossing.  I love the gold sentiment on Enchanted Evening.  And I love the academic look.   


This card uses a variety of PTI sets.  In fact, each stamped element is from a different set.  Can you guess which ones?  Let me know your guesses in your comment.  Knowing the super-sleuths from the PTI forum, I'm sure you'll get them in no time.  Hope things are going well for you in your neck of the woods. 

Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I would have to look at every set in order to name the ones you used...I don't have many PTI sets yet! But I do love this card-perfect for the men in our lives:)

Tracey McNeely said...

The embossed happy happy birthday looks so nice. Great card.

Renee said...

Love your colors...
this is just a fantastic card!
That gold Happy birthday is awesome!

Cathy Weber said...

The gold embossing is really nice. That is one of my favorite colors to emboss with, it adds such a rich feel to a card. Cute with the little ruler.

Margaret M said...

I like that this card has a masculine feel to it! Great job on the embossing.

Stephanie said...

Very cute, Suzanne!!! Love the torn ruler and the masculine feel of this card. It's perfect!

Kay D said...

I love all the school type elements you've used, especially in these colors. Everything fits together perfectly, and I just love it!

Inkyfingers said...

I'm thinking this would make a perfect card for a male student. Love what you did with all the elements.

Marybeth said...

What a perfect birthday card, love you idea.